Image Placeholder for Vivian Cummins Architects Logo    
vivian cummins architects  accredited in conservation     riai registered practice



Photograph showing levitstown lock house location of vivian cummins architects VCA


Feasibility Studies

Architectural Design
Planning Applications
Sustainable Design
Project Management
Opinions on Compliance Certificates
Building Energy Rating (BER) Assessment
Site Surveys
Fire Safety Certificates
Interior Design
Project Supervisor � Design Process
Disabled Access Certificates

Feasibility Studies:

For all projects regardless of scale it is usually worth carrying out a simple initial assessment to see whether the project is feasible or not before getting into more costly detailed design work. This can cover issues such as the likelihood of getting planning permission or whether the budget is realistic. This stage may involve pre-planning consultations with planners and engineers in the Local Authority.

Back to top

Architectural Design:

This is the process whereby we transform your wish-list into a series of sketches, drawings and models that are adapted to your brief, budget and site. These are prepared in a format that you are comfortable with e.g. sketch plans, three-dimensional computer (CAD) drawings and/or models.

Back to top

Planning Applications:

Having agreed a final design with you, we prepare and submit on your behalf, all of the necessary drawings and documents required for a valid planning application. Our involvement extends to dealing with all requests for further information from the Local Authority should they arise.

Back to top

Sustainable Design:

Everybody wants to be environmentally-friendly and to reduce their energy costs. This is standard in our designs. The extent of energy saving elements will depend on the budget but includes items that cost nothing such as getting the orientation of your building correct, through to more complex energy management control systems.

Back to top

Project Management:

We can offer alternative levels of support at the building stage of your project. This might be preparing a set of Building Regulation compliant drawings, for you to self-build, through to a full turn-key service where we effectively look after everything.

Back to top

Opinions on Compliance Certificates:

Every building that is to be sold must have Opinions on Compliance with Planning Permission and Building Regulations. These should be completed as soon as possible after a building is completed and placed with the Title Deeds of the property. Solicitors usually insist that these are completed by registered architects or engineers with professional indemnity insurance.

Back to top

Building Energy Rating (BER) Assessment:

Every building that is to be sold or rented must have a BER. This is a certificate giving a grade from A to G on how energy efficient the building is. We design our buildings with the aim of achieving the highest rating bearing in mind the brief, budget and site conditions.

Back to top

Site Surveys:

It is crucial that accurate site measurements are available,clearly defining boundaries, adjoining structures, services and levels. These surveys are carried out at the design / planning application stage.

Back to top

Fire Safety Certificates:

With the exception of single residential houses (other than apartments) every building must have a Fire Safety Certificate. The application process is similar to that of a Planning Permission application.

Back to top

Interior Design:

We can offer interior design services from a complete make-over as part of a larger architectural scheme to a simple re-arranging of your furniture to make for a better fit.

Back to top

Project Supervisor-Design Process:

The Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations require all clients undertaking building projects other than a single residential house to appoint a Project Supervisor Design Process prior to the start of the design process. We have the necessary resources and competency to carry out this role on your behalf.

Back to top

Disabled Access Certificates:

A Disability Access Certificate is required for new buildings to which the Requirements of Part M of the Building Regulations apply. It is issued by the Local Authority and is usually applied for at the same time as a Fire Safety Certificate.

Back to top
        sitemap   irish web design